Fitzgerald Hinds Quotes

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Honeylu

PostSubject: Re: Fitzgerald Hinds Quotes   Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:59 pm

HANSARD: August 27, 2014.

Sen. C. Robinson-Regis
As an example of—well, the PNM has run-off and why are we against run-off.

Mr. Vice-President, in the People’s National Movement, all of us believe in one thing. [Desk thumping] It is a homogeneous party. It is not a nation of people. Yes, it is a nation of PNM in the PNM, but it a homogeneous party that is first and foremost. [Desk thumping] It is not several different types of people.

http://www.ttparliament.org/hansards/hs20140827.pdf
Back to top Go down
Honeylu

PostSubject: Re: Fitzgerald Hinds Quotes   Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:24 pm

I defy this Government to tell us that they know for a fact that there is no agent for HP in this country and no agency fees are paid. The more the Minister tries to defend the process, the more the unease grows. The defence which has been put up for HP’s criminal conduct by a Trinidad and Tobago Government Minister, is superior to any that HP has put up in its own behalf. He is a brave man to have spoken so definitively about a process from which he should have kept arms‘ length. If there was any doubt that we should not take the Minister seriously, all that doubt was dispelled when he sought to allay our fears by confirming that Trinidad and Tobago’s purchase was not done with HP America or HP Russia, where they are facing criminal charges, but they were done with HP Latin America where bribery and influencing bids do not take place and HP Latin America, the Minister tells us, do not get involved in bribery, peddling influence or engaging in bid-rigging. Latin America, Mr. Speaker; Latin America. We did business with Latin America and the Minister is telling us that we are protected from criminal conduct of HP in America or Russia. On this explanation, the Minister of Education has a laptop for you. He thinks you are a “duncy-head” first former. [Interruption]

http://www.ttparliament.org/hansards/hh20100914.pdf
Back to top Go down
Honeylu

PostSubject: Re: Fitzgerald Hinds Quotes   Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:25 am

Rowley also commented on a decision by Caribbean Airlines to sponsor a pundit to join the T&T delegation in India earlier this month. “It has any place that has pundit like India? If the Prime Minister wants a pundit in India, just grab every third person you meet. You send one from Trinidad—a quarter million dollars,” he added. Rowley was also very critical of Persad-Bissessar for touching the feet of the Indian President while in that country recently.

“I am a citizen of T&T and I take umbrage that my prime minister going to anybody country and kissing any office-holder foot.” “Nobody sent the PM abroad to represent her religion or her race. She went abroad to represent all the people of T&T and however she feels when she stands before a head of government she must stand there proud representing the people of T&T. “That is unacceptable.”

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/thursday-january-19-2012/rowley-question-pm%E2%80%99s-silk-parliament
Back to top Go down
Honeylu

PostSubject: Re: Fitzgerald Hinds Quotes   Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:05 am

This country has to understand that sometimes you have to break the mould to make a new shape. I am breaking the mould! [Desk thumping] I am breaking the mould on behalf of all the PNM people who in 1986, when we went to campaign in my area, I was there, I do not know who else was there and "yuh going door to
door and they slamming doors in yuh face" in Westmoorings, Glencoe, Bayshore and all "they telling yuh about is O'Halloran." Today, every school child in this country knows that there is something called UDeCott and it smells to the high heavens.

http://www.ttparliament.org/hansards/hh20091019.pdf
Back to top Go down
Honeylu

PostSubject: Re: Fitzgerald Hinds Quotes   Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:10 am

Right now, I am saying to my colleagues, what the commission of enquiry is looking at is 10 times worse than what happened with the Piarco International Airport and it is even more brazen.
I cannot believe they could have been so bold.

Today, every school child in this country knows that there is something called UDeCott and it smells to the high heavens. ~ KEITH ROWLEY

Back to top Go down
Honeylu

PostSubject: Re: Fitzgerald Hinds Quotes   Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:54 pm

Louis Lee Sing: “When I look at East Port of Spain, it is in the same condition that we met it fifty, fifty-six years ago and I therefore feel that someone has to take the responsibility to lift East Port of Spain and Sea Lots and John John out of the morose that it has found itself over a long, long period.”
Back to top Go down
Honeylu

PostSubject: Re: Fitzgerald Hinds Quotes   Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:40 am

MARTIN JOSEPH: “Ah wonder if Panday pee in dey mouth?”
HANSARD: Saturday, April 06, 2002

[HON. M. JOSEPH]
Madam Clerk of the House, I know that all I have said will not make a difference because they are in a particular mindset. I am sure that the rest of the country understands what is happening. Somebody said that we are trying to give the Members for St. Augustine and St. Joseph basket, but I have a mother who is going to be 80 years this year. This morning she called me and she asked, “What did Mr. Panday do to dem fellas and dem?” She asked, “What about St. Joseph and St. Augustine, dem fellas and dem are good men.” I wonder if it is unparliamentary to say what she said. I do not want to be disrespectful to her, but she said, “Ah wonder if Panday pee in dey mouth?” I do not understand what that means. I do not understand what that means because I do not know what is a real PNM—[Interruption] In other words she believes that there is something that the Member for Couva South has done, because she believes that while the others may have no leg to stand on, at least these persons are people who will come to the rescue of our country and save Trinidad and Tobago.

http://www.ttparliament.org/hansards/hh20020406.pdf
Back to top Go down
Honeylu

PostSubject: Re: Fitzgerald Hinds Quotes   Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:50 pm

Opposition Leader Dr Keith Rowley has described the behaviour of the students as “hyenas in the African jungle.” Rowley was speaking at th People’s National Movement Political Leader’s Visit at Arima North Government Primary School, Arima Old Road on Monday night.

http://www.newsday.co.tt/news/0,192097.html
Back to top Go down
Honeylu

PostSubject: Re: Fitzgerald Hinds Quotes   Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:45 am

“They are building schools in the middle of the jungle, in the forests, for “douen” and “lappe” to occupy. That is management UNC style. There is nobody living there. ~ Mr. C. Imbert: Hansard, Friday, June 9, 2000.

http://www.ttparliament.org/hansards/hh20000609.pdf
Back to top Go down
Honeylu

PostSubject: Re: Fitzgerald Hinds Quotes   Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:10 am

“I have instructed Faris Al-Rawi not to respond to any more foolishness from Kamla Persad-Bissessar. If she has a problem she has it still and if she could find a candidate in San Fernando West bring him, bring her, it is licks in your waist, licks in you face and licks all over your peyton place,” Rowley said [EXPRESS Mar 18, 2015]
Back to top Go down
Honeylu

PostSubject: Re: Fitzgerald Hinds Quotes   Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:51 pm

HANSARD: Miscellaneous Laws Bill Wednesday, October 11, 2000
[MR. IMBERT]
My Christian principles—you did not hear—are creating some difficulty with some of the things that the Government is seeking to do here today. Really,… that are opposed to devil worship. I would hate to be involved in anything in this Parliament where we are weakening the laws that deal with devil worship in this country.

I cannot subscribe to any legislation that is going to promote and support the worship of the devil in this country. I am not going to support any such legislation. My intervention in this debate has been very brief. I would like the Attorney General to assure me and to explain to me how this legislation will not encourage persons to get involved in the worship of the devil, Mr. Speaker. That is my opposition, based on my Christian principles. I have some misgivings here. I have difficulties with some of the words here and I would like the Attorney General to deal with the issues that I have raised and I want to re-raise and to repeat. If we are going to be passing legislation that will allow devil worship, I am not supporting it. I thank you, Mr. Speaker. [Desk thumping]

http://www.ttparliament.org/hansards/hh20001011.pdf
Back to top Go down
Honeylu

PostSubject: Re: Fitzgerald Hinds Quotes   Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:20 am

Dr. K. Rowley: —it is not a question of “'fraiding” anybody; it is a question of we are all going to hell in a hand basket, because we are not doing what we are supposed to do….But as a country, I do not care whom you vote for; I do not care whom you worship. Governments in any country are damaged by that kind of behaviour. If this country cannot call to order its Prime Minister, its Cabinet and its political party to say we are not accepting that, God help us. People whom we hire ought never to get bigger than those who hire them. The Government is hired by the people. HANSARD: Monday, October 19, 2009

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fitzgerald Hinds Quotes   

Back to top Go down

Fitzgerald Hinds Quotes
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3